This straightforward sausage and potato soup is hearty, wholesome and dairy-free, made creamy by pureeing cannellini beans.
Sausage and Potato Soup
Potato soups are so comforting within the colder months and this sausage and potato soup is certain to be a household dinner pleasure! Made with candy Italian hen, turkey or pork sausage, potatoes, spinach and white beans. A few of my different favourite potato soups chances are you’ll like are Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Potato Leek Soup and Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup.
This recipe is from the Feeding Littles and Past Cookbook; 100 Child-Led-Weaning-Pleasant Recipes the Entire Household Will Love. My good friend Ali Maffucci, of Inspiralized and one of many writer’s of this cookbook writes “You might be stunned that this Creamy Sausage Potato Soup has no cream! I do know many households keep away from dairy due to allergy symptoms or intolerances however miss the flavour and texture of dairy meals. That’s why I’ve a number of dairy-free-but-still- creamy recipes.”
The important thing to creating this soup creamy with out cream is the cannellini beans. I do that lots with lots of my soup recipes. Plus beans are full of protein and fiber, including a richness to this soup that enhances the hearty flavors of the Italian sausage. If in case you have younger ones, the potatoes are softened making them nice for newbie eaters, passing the “squish take a look at.” You might ask your self why you’ll ever want dairy to thicken a soup once more when you do that trick.
Extra recipes within the cookbook that I can’t wait to make; zucchini and quinoa lasagna, cauliflower parmesan bake and english muffin pizzas, simply to call a number of!
Potato Soup Substances
- Sausage: Use your favourite gentle Italian sausage. I like hen or turkey, however you should use pork and even vegan sausage can be utilized right here. For those who prefer it sizzling, attempt utilizing spicy sausage as an alternative.
- Beans: Rinse and drain one can of cannellini beans. I often use any canned white beans I’ve in my pantry, attempt Northern or Navy beans.
- Broth: Low-sodium hen or vegetable broth will work.
- Potatoes: Yellow potatoes are used for this soup recipe. It’s also possible to attempt crimson or any waxy potato.
- Spinach: Add chopped spinach to the pot after the potatoes are tender and simmer for a minute.
- Further taste: Onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper make this wholesome soup so scrumptious.
How lengthy is sausage and potato good for within the fridge?
Inventory your freezer with soup so you have got fast meals available once you’re too busy to prepare dinner. This creamy potato and sausage soup will maintain within the fridge for 4 days and within the freezer for 3 months. Reheat it within the microwave or on the range.
What to Serve with Sausage and Potato Soup
This creamy potato soup could be very filling because it has 25 grams of protein from the sausage and beans. Serve it with a slice of crusty bread, and/or a salad and name it a meal!
Extra Soup Recipes You’ll Love:
Sausage and Potato Soup
This straightforward, comforting sausage and potato soup is hearty and dairy-free, made creamy by pureeing cannellini beans.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 gentle Italian turkey or hen sausage hyperlinks, pork or vegan sausage can even work
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 can, 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 container, 32 ounces low-sodium hen or vegetable broth
- 4 cups cubed yellow potatoes, peeling non-obligatory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to style
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
Warmth a big pot over medium-high warmth and spray with oil.
Add the sausage hyperlinks, crumble, and prepare dinner till browned, about 7 minutes, stirring usually. Utilizing a slotted spoon, take away the sausage and put aside in a bowl.
Instantly add 1 teaspoon oil, after which the onion and garlic. Prepare dinner till the greens soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the Italian seasoning and stir nicely to coat the greens. Add the beans and broth to the pot and stir.
Utilizing an immersion blender, mix the soup till creamy. For those who don’t have an immersion blender, switch the soup combination to a high-speed blender and mix till creamy. Return to the pot.
Add the cooked sausage, potatoes, and salt and pepper, and convey the soup to a boil.
Cut back the warmth to a simmer, cowl, and let the soup simmer for about half-hour or till the potatoes are tender.
As soon as the potatoes are tender, add the spinach to the pot. Simmer for 1 minute after which serve.
Serving: 11/2 cups, Energy: 402kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 25g, Fats: 7.5g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 1164mg, Fiber: 9.5g, Sugar: 8g
Key phrases: hearty soup recipes, Potato soup, sausage and potato soup