When you concentrate on ALL of the Disney music that has been launched through the years — we’re speaking all the pieces from the Cheetah Ladies music and tunes from Zenon to songs from Frozen 2 and Moana — what track ranks on the high of your record?
We’ve shared Disney music information and updates up to now together with a take a look at 10 superior Disney Spotify playlists and large milestones hit by the hit Disney track “We Don’t Discuss About Bruno,” however now we simply HAVE to sort out a controversial Disney track rating record that’s been circling the web. And let’s simply say, you may need some STRONG emotions about this one.
Just lately, Billboard launched their rating of the 100 biggest Disneyverse songs of ALL time. Disney is celebrating its one centesimal Anniversary, so it looks like a high 100 record of Disney songs is completely acceptable proper now. However among the selections on right here have precipitated CHAOS.
One Twitter consumer known as the record “rubbish,” whereas others requested whether or not the record was a JOKE. Why? Effectively, let’s get into among the rankings.
All the best way on the BOTTOM of the record at spot 100 is…”Into the Unknown.” Oh boy, we are able to hear the screams already. This track was significantly standard when Frozen 2 got here out and we’ve a sense some followers are completely ENRANGED that it’s on the backside of the record.
Maybe to the happiness of Disney Parks followers, the catchy “Nothing Can Cease Us Now” tune from Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway ranks above the Frozen 2 tune within the 99th spot. Do you agree with that or would you’ve got the rankings flipped?
Different attention-grabbing songs within the backside 50 of the record embrace:
- “Golden Dream” (The American Journey, 1982) — 96th
- “A Place Referred to as Slaughter Race” (Ralph Breaks the Web, 2018) — 93rd (yeah, that’s ABOVE “Into the Unknown” 😶)
- “One Little Spark” (Journey Into Creativeness With Figment, 1983) — 86th
- “Grim Grinning Ghosts” (The Haunted Mansion, 1969) — 84th
- “Wager on It” (Excessive College Musical 2, 2007) — 76th
- “The Better of Each Worlds” (Hannah Montana, 2006) — 58th
And there are many songs from Disney animation sprinkled in there too, in addition to some songs from Disney+ sequence and the parks.
What concerning the high 50? Let’s undergo among the ones in ranks 50-11 earlier than we hit the highest 10. Listed here are some notable picks:
- “Soarin Theme” (Soarin’ Over California, 2001) –forty ninth (really a strong choose)
- “How Far I’ll Go” (Moana, 2016) — forty fourth
- “Pink Elephants on Parade” (Dumbo, 1941) — forty first
- “Name Me, Beep Me!” (Kim Potential, 2002) — thirty sixth (sure, let that sink in, “Name Me, Beep Me!” beat out “How Far I’ll Go” 😱)
- “You’ll Be in My Coronary heart” (Tarzan, 1999) — thirty fourth
- “This Is Me” (Camp Rock, 2008) — thirty first (whoever made this record clearly cherished Disney Channel and actually, we are able to relate to that)
- “You’ve Acquired a Buddy in Me” (Toy Story, 1995) — twenty ninth
- “That’s So Raven” (That’s So Raven, 2003) — twenty eighth
- “You’re Welcome” (Moana, 2016) — twenty first
- “We Don’t Discuss About Bruno” (Encanto, 2021) — twelfth
- “Circle of Life” (The Lion King, 1994) — eleventh
And at last, we get to the high 10. Prepare of us, there are some attention-grabbing picks on this record!
- tenth — “Breaking Free” (Excessive College Musical, 2006)
- ninth — “A Spoonful of Sugar” (Mary Poppins, 1964)
- eighth — “The Climb” (Hannah Montana: The Film, 2009) (sure, HANNAH MONTANA is within the high 10!)
- seventh — “The Mickey Mouse March” (The Mickey Mouse Membership, 1955)
- sixth — “A Entire New World” (Aladdin, 1992)
- fifth — “When You Want Upon a Star” (Pinocchio, 1940)
- 4th — “Be Our Visitor” (Magnificence and the Beast, 1991)
- third — “It’s a Small World (After All)” (It’s a Small World, 1964) (apologies if that’s caught in your head all day now)
- 2nd — “Let It Go” (Frozen, 2013)
And in the number one spot we’ve…drumroll please…“A part of Your World” (The Little Mermaid, 1989)! Little Mermaid followers — REJOICE!
Okay, so let’s debrief right here for a second. “The Climb” and “Breaking Free” are within the high 10, whereas songs like “Bear in mind Me” (Coco) and “Reflection” (Mulan) rank decrease than that (however nonetheless inside the high 25). Oh, “Supernova Woman” (Zenon: Woman of the twenty first Century) can be within the high 25 so…hooray for Zenon followers?
On the identical time, songs like “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me)”, “You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!” (Peter Pan), and “Simply Across the Riverbend” (Pocahontas) are within the backside 50. Oh yeah, and “S.I.M.P. (Squirrels in My Pants)” (Phineas and Ferb, 2008) (actually THE SQUIRRELS IN MY PANTS SONG) is seventy fifth whereas “Grim Grinning Ghosts” is at 84. We’ve got a sense the ghosts from the Haunted Mansion are NOT happy.
What do YOU take into consideration this record? See the whole record right here and pontificate within the feedback — we can not wait to listen to what it’s important to assume.
For extra Disney leisure information, click on right here to see the title change introduced for a Marvel film, and see the brand new undertaking Apple and Disney are engaged on!
What do YOU take into consideration these rankings? Inform us within the feedback!