Pharmacy profit managers (PBMs) are more and more scrutinized intermediaries within the U.S. well being care system, negotiating reductions on prescription drugs for well being insurers and employers whereas gathering rebates from drugmakers.
At the same time as PBMs have taken on a bigger function in drug protection and pricing in latest a long time, together with by mergers with insurers, the enterprise preparations that form their funds stay unusually opaque. That has led to questions in regards to the function PBMs play within the rising value of prescribed drugs, investigations by Congress and the Federal Commerce Fee into PBMs enterprise practices, and federal and state efforts to control these practices and require better transparency.
On June 14 at 12:30 p.m. ET, three specialists be part of KFF’s The Well being Wonk Store and sequence moderator Larry Levitt in a 45-minute dialogue in regards to the energy and practices of PBMs, addressing such questions as:
- How do PBMs become profitable?
- What function do PBMs have in drug prices?
- What laws or different reforms are being thought of, and the way would they have an effect on customers?
- Larry Levitt, Govt Vice President for Well being Coverage, KFF
- Casey Mulligan, Professor in Economics, College of Chicago
- Jennifer L. Reck, Director, Middle on Drug Pricing, Nationwide Academy for State Well being Coverage
- Karen Van Nuys, Govt Director of the Worth of Life Sciences Innovation Program and Senior Fellow, College of Southern California Schaeffer Middle for Well being Coverage and Economics
KFF’s digital Well being Wonk Store sequence options in-depth coverage discussions with specialists that transcend the information headlines to offer better insights.
Jun 14, 2023 at 12:30pm ET / 9:30am PT